I've always said that I'm a rubbish cook, but I recently bought myself a Crockpot slow cooker and since then I feel like a changed woman!
It's so easy to use, and the options are pretty much endless for what I can make in it... With so little effort I have been able to make some really delicious recipes. When I asked on Twitter if you wanted me to share my favourites with you, it was a resounding yes... So here's the first, and my favourite of those I've made so far.
I love Asian food so much, whenever I get the choice of where to eat out I always go with Chinese or Thai, so to learn some recipes that I can do myself at home seemed like the obvious thing to do.
I'm also a big meat eater, and always enjoy sweet sauces, so this dish is right up my street... It's something I'd happily eat over and over again. The flavours are incredible and when served with rice, it's a very hearty meal.
600g pork belly slices
1 litre chicken stock
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp Worcester sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 pinch salt & pepper
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp rice wine
1 handful of sesame seeds
1. Cut the pork belly into strips approx 4cm long and place into the slow cooker
2. Mix the chicken stock and add to the slow cooker while hot
3. Add caster sugar, rice wine, garlic powder and ginger flakes and cook on high for two hours
4. Drain the pork from the slow cooker and cut into small, bite size pieces
5. Mix the sunflower oil, ginger powder, salt and pepper, chilli flakes, honey, brown sugar and Worcester sauce in a separate bowl to make a glaze
6. Shallow fry the pork in a small amount of sunflower oil until the pork begins to turn golden
7. Add the glaze mixture to the pan and cook until the glaze turns sticky and the pork darkens, adding the sesame seeds last minute
8. Remove from the heat and serve
Please let me know if you decide to make this too... I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Recipe source: Pinterest
Some posts may contain PR/gifted samples, please read my disclaimer for more info.